LOCATION: Bellevue, Washington
COMPANY: Corporate Office Bellevue, Washington
Revenues $25 billion
Employees Approximately 38,000
T-Mobile USA is a leading national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services. Approximately 43 million customers are using the company’s lightning-fast 4G/LTE network for a better mobile life.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. merged with MetroPCS and became a publicly traded company on May 1, 2013. The combined company delivers an enhanced customer experience through a wider selection of affordable products and services, deeper network coverage and a clear-cut technology path to one common Long Term Evolution (LTE) network.
The company is executing a strategy that is grounded in five elements: providing an amazing user experience; building a trusted brand on a hassle free customer experience; establishing value leadership with a highly differentiated value proposition; building a multi segment business portfolio; and maximizing value creation with a simple & lean business model.
The company is aggressively attacking the market with a value proposition styled as the UN Carrier, which has recently been widely reported on. T-Mobile is aiming to change the entire wireless consumer buying experience with a break through offer structure and set of service offerings.
RELATIONSHIP: The Director, Capital Markets reports directly to Dirk Wehrse, VP Treasury.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Director, Capital Markets will optimize T-Mobile’s capital and liquidity by leading high yield transactions and establishing and executing alternative financing strategies. The ideal candidate will strategically analyze the feasibility of investments and make recommendations to the VP, Treasury to support the achievement of company financial objectives. The Director will interface regularly with other functional areas of Treasury, Corporate Accounting, Tax, FP&A, and Legal. More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
· Establish and lead SEC notes issues, alternative financing structures and credit facility renewals.
· Lead negotiations to develop price, terms and conditions of transactions with investment banks. Responsible for financial contract drafting for financial products.
· Manage debt agreements including revolving credit facility, public debt and intercompany debt.
· Monitor and ensure compliance with bond indentures, loan agreements and credit facility documents in a highly regulated environment.
· Build and manage credit rating agency relationships; design and run credit rating models to support senior management business decisions.
· Prepare economic and financial analyses of markets, industry, and peers for Treasurer’s presentations for Board of Directors and bank meetings. Make recommendations as appropriate.
· Analyze and assess new accounting rules and proposed financing options as applicable.
· Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures. Utilize in depth knowledge to follow banking rules and regulations.
· Support preparation of monthly and quarterly closings and SEC filings including 10Q and 10K filing, communicating with other departments to ensure consistency and accuracy of information.
· Build solid business relationships across cross-functional teams, including Treasury, Corporate Accounting, Tax, FP&A, and Legal to help achieve enterprise-wide objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS: While the quality and accomplishments of a person’s career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
· 6+ years treasury experience with a public corporation, combined with a background in investment banking
· Experience in the wireless, utility, or financial industries is preferred
· Must have a proven track record of leading high yield transactions
· Expertise in alternative financing strategies, bank negotiations, debt compliance and credit rating agency models is required
· Must have SEC/SOX background
· Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
· Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
· In depth understanding of P&L and Balance Sheet
· Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
· Possess strong financial modeling and financial accounting skills
· Ability to analyze feasibility of investments and financial data,and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
· Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
· CTP/CCM and CFA designation are a plus
CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
· Exceptional strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans
· High level of intelligence, with a keen analytical mind and clear intellectual curiosity
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals; an excellent “networker”
· Results-oriented, efficiently proactive, and self-motivated; can take initiative and make decisions
· Sound business judgment unvarnished by ego or by the momentum of immediate events
· Impeccable integrity, reliability and consistency
· Strong team-player with a good work ethic; does whatever it takes to get the job done
· Exceptional leadership skills including change management
· Able to think innovatively and see the big picture, yet still tend to the details
· Deals effectively with ambiguity/conflict
· Enjoys an open door policy and collaboration with others
COMPENSATION: The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package, which will be commensurate with experience, and will include a base salary, annual target cash bonuses, and long-term incentives.
For more information, please contact:
T-Mobile USA, Bellevue, WA
T-Mobile USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace differences, welcome diversity, and value a culture of respect.