Why is a Company Membership so beneficial?
We know it’s critical that we bring value to our job every day. This involves staying relevant in the rapidly growing and increasingly diverse market that Denver is. These expectations require an investment in our career that has a positive impact for us as professionals and for our companies as industry leaders. RMAFP is committed to giving treasury and financial management professionals the platform to expand their knowledge of the latest topics and build their network, both of which translate into bringing value and fresh perspective to our companies.
…Oh, but there are those tight budgets to deal with… why is a Company Membership so beneficial? Here’s a scenario:
Lester Schwartz, CTP, of Rocky Mountain Widget Company, manages a team of four finance & accounting professionals. Two are more senior. One has her CTP, while the other is seeking his FP&A designation. The two junior staff are advancing quickly, looking to expand their knowledge and network. Lester contemplates the level of engagement and need for flexibility for himself and his senior staff:
· Cost: $350 for TWO members, with additional members at $125 each. Total cost for Lester: 3 members $475, with all the extra features of the Company Membership (cited below).
· Savings & Efficiency: The Summit, May 2017. The biggest gain for companies is the significant savings ($160 for each person) for Summit attendance. Consuming just one day out of the office, and often requiring reasonable travel, the Summit is a time- and cost-efficient option for Lester and his team to get a crash course in the latest trends; meet vendors whose services could improve Lester’s operations; keep that hard-earned CTP current with Continuing Education credits; and connect and build the team’s professional network. RMAFP membership also grants an additional 1 CTP credit!
· Substitution Privileges: With FP&A preparation and Lester’s busy calendar with senior management, he can send guest colleagues to monthly events at the member rates. This is a great development opportunity for his junior staff.
· Prepaid Event Packages: Lester and his team plan to attend all the RMAFP events on the 2016-2017 calendar so he’ll gain savings up to 28% with the Prepaid Event Packages. When he wants to bring a colleague or substitutes a guest colleague for an event (discussed above), his guest colleague can use a prepaid ticket too!
· Webinar Education: Lester gets a complimentary additional line for company members during webinars.
· Company Recognition: Rocky Mountain Widgets will be recognized by RMAFP throughout the association year. That’s free marketing for Lester’s Marketing & Sales Department!
· Flexibility: the Company Membership remains with the sponsoring party; whoever pays for the membership is entitled to the ownership of that membership seat. If Lester’s team changes, the membership will remain in place for the company.
· RMAFP Website – Member Only Access: Lester not only likes to keep abreast of treasury & accounting talent to build his team, he needs a student summer intern!
These are just a few of the many benefits the RMAFP provides its members. For a full listing, visit www.rmafp.org/benefits. We hope to see you as a member soon at our next event! Be sure to sign up as a member at www.rmafp.org under Join!